We’re not like everyone else…
Our approach is innovative. Our firm is boutique. Our team is outstanding. Our office space is unique. See why we have the most loyal clients around.
As WH Cornerstone’s co-founder, Paula Harris is part financial coach and part dream architect who takes great pride in helping her clients, particularly mid-life widowed women, obtain financial peace of mind while they rise up, get back on their feet, and navigate their path forward.
In her “past life”, Paula established Campus Recruiting programs at Walker Digital (founding company of Priceline.com) and First USA, Bank One’s credit card division, now Chase and served as Director of Recruiting and HR for Braxton Associates, a division of Deloitte Consulting in Boston. You can also add opening Bain & Company’s Dallas office as one of the many places she’s left her footprint.
Today, whether she’s in her role as co-founder at WH Cornerstone Investments or having served on the board of several area organizations (Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra (Past President), 2012 Chairman of the Board for the South Shore Chamber of Commerce, a past President of the Duxbury Free Library INC board and a former elected Trustee for the Duxbury Free Library…just to name a few!), Paula is assisting people in the life planning that goes hand-in-hand with financial planning. She is a Return on Life Advisor™, as well as, a Certified Jack Canfield Methodology Trainer in Jack Canfield’s Success Principles.
Paula is a member of the Community Garden Club of Duxbury, Holy Family Parish, Plymouth Yacht Club, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth Philanthropy Advisory Board member and a Trustee of NVNA and Hospice.
A graduate of Providence College. Paula lives in Plymouth and the Berkshires with her husband, Bill Harris.
Intrigued? Who knew? Paula also…
- tries to live by the Girl Scout Promise & Law everyday
- was “Queen for a Day” in the Barnum & Bailey Circus
- caught a pig in a pig scramble
- made her first hole-in-one the summer of 2010
- is a Francis Ouimet scholar
- won at “the Wheel” during Tony Robbins program–Date with Destiny
- has been to Kripalu about 20 times
William M. Harris, CFP®, RMA
Even when markets are volatile, there is one person you can count on for staying the course: Bill Harris. As a Certified Financial Planner™ Practitioner, a Retirement Management Advisor®, an Ed Slott Elite IRA Advisor and past President of the Financial Planning Association (FPA of Massachusetts), Bill’s knowledge and expertise optimizes our client’s financial resources to help them achieve their dreams in the calm and the storm. How? Bill’s experience in the financial sector began over 25 years ago. In his former roles, Bill worked for State Street Global Advisors and in the custodial field for State Street Bank with numerous mutual fund companies, fund managers and investment advisors as an account manager in domestic and international operations.
When he co-founded WH Cornerstone Investments in 1996, he knew it would be with the following goals in mind:
- A philosophy of independent investing and research
- A focus on best of breed money management with boutique options seeking the best return on client’s investments
- A commitment to client satisfaction and education
To support his vision, Bill lectures frequently on financial planning topics, has a syndicated monthly newspaper column in various Wicked Local papers called: INVESTORS, PLANS AND MONEY and has been a columnist for the Journal of Financial Planning. Bill is often tapped by the media and has appeared in several books for his thoughts on financial topics ranging from portfolio diversification to real estate.
His knowledge is known throughout the community. Bill currently serves on the Plymouth Regional Economic Development Foundation as well as NFIB MA Leadership Council. Bill is a former member of the Finance Committee for the Town of Duxbury, the South Shore Workforce Investment Board (SSWIB) and was elected to serve as an elected Commissioner on the Plymouth County Charter Commission. He is a recent past Treasurer of the Plymouth Yacht Club.
Bill has an MBA from Suffolk University and a BS in Management from Daniel Webster College. An avid fisherman, he chases, captures and collects fish around the bay in his Duxbury Dory. Bill lives in Plymouth and the Berkshires with his wife, Paula Harris.
He still has a few tricks up his sleeve…Who knew? Bill also…
- has been 20 ft from a grizzly bear while fishing Contact Creek at Katmai National Park, Alaska
- has been on Air Force One—twice
- has had lunch with Rudy Giuliani, Colin Powell and Janet Yellen
- flew aerobatic planes
- was Boston’s middleweight wrestling champion
- was a Boston Park Ranger
- was an audience member for the Rex Trailer Boomtown TV show
Dawn Gorman, FPQP™
Dukakis. Weld. Baker. Name any high profile Bostonian in the last two+ decades and it’s likely Dawn has worked with them.
A graduate of Northeastern University, Dawn quickly became a sought-after member of the legal community. She served for the Governor’s Anti-Crime Council under both Governer Dukakis and Governor Weld and worked with Gilman McLaughlin & Hanrahan in Boston.
As a Senior Rep in the Member Services Department of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, she also worked under Charlie Baker.
Most recently, Dawn created smooth sailing for all who attended the Plymouth Yacht Club, where she served as the Assistant Manager/Function Manager for over 16 years.
Today, Dawn, a Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalTM, is the detail-oriented and dedicated team member to greet you at the Cornerstone Cottage. If you can’t find her here, it’s likely she’s enjoying time with her husband, two kids and two pups somewhere in Plymouth.
Did you know…Dawn also:
- Was a criminal justice major who got her start in the Department of Corrections in Boston in the records/research department.
- Earned her mouse ears at the most magical place on earth (it’s one of her family’s favorite vacation spots. They’ve been to Disney World 8 times!)
- Calls Plymouth Long Beach her absolute favorite on the South Shore.
- Spends her free time crocheting scarfs and blankets for family and friends.
- Rescued her dogs from the Carolina’s through Great Dog Rescue New England.
And these are other local organizations WH Cornerstone supports throughout the year….
Click here to read our firm’s Annual Disclosure.