Giving back to your community during the holidays brings people together in the spirit of giving and helping others.
Support our frontline heroes
Some ideas for ways to show your support include:
- bake cookies or a meal and bring it to your local frontline workers
- make care packages for medical professionals who live in your neighborhood
- design homemade thank-you cards and mail or deliver them to fire stations, police stations, and/or hospitals
Include charitable acts in your family traditions
- Host a game night and let the winner decide where to donate the pot.
- Host a bake sale. Donate the proceeds to the charity of your choice.
- Voluteer your time as a family to those in need. Start a toy or food drive or serve meals at a homeless shelter together.
Brighten a person’s Christmas morning
Donate within your community
Local food banks can run low over on items like canned goods, toiletries, and other essentials that help families get through the winter.
You could organize a charitable drive with your family or on your block. When groups of people get together to do something good, word tends to spread from house to house, family to family, neighborhood to neighborhood, inspiring more giving.
Increase your charitable donations this year
Plus, with some forethought and analysis, we might be able to incorporate long-term giving goals into your financial planning so that your family can make a sustained positive impact for years to come.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if we can help make the holidays a little more rewarding this year for your family and your community.