When Paula Harris first came up with the concept for an intimate retreat for women who were in going through a transitional period in their live, she knew she wanted to create an experience which could grow into a community of on-going support, but she never thought her retreat would be changing the lives of dozens of women each year in such powerful ways in just a few short days.
The Rise Up Retreat was developed after Ms. Harris, principal of WH Cornerstone Investments, a comprehensive wealth management firm, had a front row seat to the heart-breaking journey her clients were living through after the sudden death of their spouse. Whether becoming widowed, divorced, retired, or an empty-nester – navigating these life-changes felt harder and heavier than they needed to be. Paula had been through her own times of transition and knew her journey had been blessed with friendships and knowledge of other inspirational people who had the tools and strategies to offer her clients a way to Rise Up after a pausing life-change.
WH Cornerstone Investments, Inc., owned by Paula and her husband Bill, is hosting their third Rise Up: Re(treat) Nov. 8-10, 2019, at the Wequassett Resort & Golf Club on Cape Cod. The retreat is open to women going through a transitional time in their lives, whether they’re divorced, widowed, empty-nested, sandwiched, getting ready for retirement, dealing with getting the “mommy pink slip” as the kids move on and out or simply coping with a major change.
The weekend retreat will be led by two master coaches: acclaimed coach, author, and speaker Jane Pollak of New York City; and senior program director at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Ken Nelson of Lenox, Massachusetts; as well as Paula Harris of WH Cornerstone Investments. The program will meet participants where they are and, with the support of the group, move them toward where they want to be.
- Mind/body experiences and activities with Jane Pollak. Author of the recently released Too Much of Not Enough: A Memoir and Soul Proprietor: 101 Lessons from a Lifestyle Entrepreneur.
- Mindful Movement which may include Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation with Ken Nelson, senior faculty member at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge, MA as well as of the owner of Powerful Workshops with trains and fosters transformational leaders.
- Mind/body experiences with Paula Harris, co-founder of WH Cornerstone Investments and a Canfield Certified Trainer in the Success Principles
- Incredible accommodations, views and dining at the Wequassett Resort & Golf Club
The Harris’ organized the retreat to offer women in transition a common space to reset, rejuvenate, and re-envision their lives with tools and support.
“We work with people who see their future as greater than their past,” Paula said. “We have a strong client base of women who have been dealt a curveball. Organizing this retreat is part of our own mission to support and empower women with the emotional and financial tools they need to reinvent themselves for the next phase of their lives.”
WH Cornerstone Investments is experienced at leading retreats and hosted a retreat for widows in 2017 at Mirbeau Inn & Spa in Plymouth and the Rise Up Re(treat) in 2018 at the Wequassett Resort & Golf Club on Cape Cod. Below is feedback from some past retreat participants:
- “I loved the intimate group setting and all the spirited skills of the instructors so much and kindness displayed by the presenters was so genuine.”
- “Excellent, top shelf retreat. Would recommend to any women in transition not only widows.”
- “What I learned the most is: I’m not alone and what I’m feeling is okay.”
- “I can ‘choose’ what I accept to do and can leave alone that which I can’t change because it is out of my control.”
For event registration, details and up-to-date speaker information, visit www.whcretreats.com.